It goes beyond just looks when you’ve decided to live a healthy lifestyle. The goal should go way beyond getting rock hard abs, chiseled arms and nice glutes.
There are tons of reasons why you should exercise and eat healthy. Here are 20 reasons why
20 Reasons Why You Should Exercise And Eat Healthy
- It reduces stress and anxiety
- It strengthens your heart and cardiovascular system
- It improves your sex life/drive
- It improves your self-esteem and self love
- It improves your mood (Euphoric feeling)
- It combats health conditions and diseases (High Blood pressure and diabetes etc)
- It saves you money by cutting medical expenses
- It improves the immune system
- It boosts your metabolic rate
- It reduces cravings for junk food
- It improves brain function
- It makes you work more efficiently and productively
- It inspires you to start helping others live a healthy lifestyle
- It slows down age related muscle loss
- It controls weight gain long term
- It boosts energy level
- It improves longevity
- It promotes better sleeping pattern
- It helps control addiction to unhealthy habits (Excessive smoking or drinking)
- It gives you the feeling that you can accomplish anything
This list was compiled from personal experience and multiple articles I researched for the past 5 years. One of the common complaints i hear is the lack of time to exercise.
The amazing fact is eating clean alone will do wonders for your physical and mental health.
Adding exercise is a bonus and you don’t need to spend hours in the gym,there are simple home exercises you can perform 20 to 30 minutes a day like burpees, jumping squats, jumping lunges etc.
I started my fitness journey in Dec 2016 and I’ve become a better man, father, husband and an inspirational figure to so many people. If i can do it, you can too!