What is the Mofin diet?
The Mofin diet is a simple to follow diet plan that involves cutting or cycling carbohydrates, lowering fat intake, and increasing your daily protein consumption.
What dietary numbers should I aim for on the Mofin diet?
Since this is a carbohydrate or sugar restricted diet, the aim is to eat between 20 grams and 100 grams of carbohydrates per day. The closer you get to 20 grams per day the faster you attain your goals.
For men, your caloric intake should be below 2,000 calories per day while women should lower their caloric intake to less than 1,500 calories per day.
Your daily recommended protein amount is determined by multiplying your desired body weight by a factor of one.
If you weigh 180 pounds and your desired body weight is 150 pounds then you must consume 150 grams of protein per day.
Normal macronutrients based on a 2,500 calorie diet recommended by the dietary guidelines for Americans is….
- 45% Carbs, 20% Protein, 35% Fat.
- 65% Carbs, 35% Protein, 35% Fat.
- 25% Carbs 45% Protein 30% Fat for a low Carb diet
- 10% Carbs 15% Protein 75% Fat for a ketogenic diet
- At the beginning of the day have your breakfast…
- 2 hours later have a low carb protein shake.
- Then have your lunch.
- 2 hours later have another low carb protein shake.
- Then have your dinner.
- At the end of the day, before bed, have a low carb protein shake.
The Mofin diet macronutrient recommendations are…..
Here is a sample breakdown of the Mofin diet over a 24 hour period…