According to the DRI (Dietary Reference Intake)
– Sedentary (Non active) male or female- 0.36 grams multiplied by your body weight in pounds/lbs
– Sedentary (Non active) male or female- 0.8 grams multiplied by your body weight in kilograms/Kg
– Active male or female at least- 1.0 grams or higher multiplied by your body weight in pounds/lbs
– Active male or female at least- 2.2 grams or higher multiplied by your body weight in kilograms/Kg
The list below are protein foods that should be consumed if your desired weight is 180 lbs or 81.6 kg eating 180 grams of protein per day to build muscle.
– 8 Ounces of chicken breast (52 grams of protein)
– 1 Scoop of protein shake (50 grams of protein)
– 3 Whole eggs (18 grams of protein)
– 3 Tilapia fillets (60 grams of protein)
Don’t be discouraged by all these numbers, it’s really easy to calculate. If you weigh 180 pounds and your desired weight is 150 pounds then just multiply 1.0 by 150 pounds. For example- 150 pounds multiplied by 1.0 will equal 150 grams of protein per day. So for weight gain and muscle gain simply apply the same logic by multiplying at least 1.0 to your desired body weight. I usually maintain at least 1.0 to 1.5 times my current weight on a daily basis for muscle maintenance and growth.